Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Simply Sweet Treats II

Okay, I have another easy-to-fix treat for your Valentine's Day preparations.  This is a great one to lay on a co-workers desk or just a little something to add to your sweetie's lunch.  Just something to say "You Are Special to My Life".  I tried to take step-by-step pictures for you.  I hope they are understandable.

You will need some cardstock, ribbon, hole puncher, scissors, a candy bar and then whatever you choose to decorate your little package.  Here goes:

Lay your candy bar onto your piece of cardstock.  Cut it so you have about 1/2 inch on the top and bottom of your candy and enough width to wrap around the bar and tape.


Now you will want to use double stick tape for the bottom and one side of your pouch.

Then take your hole punch and put a hole in the top of your little candy pouch.


Next, take the ribbon you've chosen for your project, fold it in half, laying your candy bar in it. (I cut my ribbon doubled about 3 times the length of my candy bar)


This picture is showing the back of the pouch.  After you have placed the ribbon around your candy bar then slip the bar into the pouch.  Thread one end of the ribbon in the hole you punched in the front and thread one in the back hole.

Tie a pretty bow at the top.  I was in a bit of a hurry so I need to go back and work on my bow.

For decorating the front of the pouch, I cut a heart at 2 inches from the Lyrical Letters Cricut Cartridge. (it is really pink)  I then laced a ribbon around the heart.  After lacing was complete, I tied a bow at the bottom of the heart.

I then cut from pink cardstock with a white shadow, the word "indulge" from the Graphically Speaking Cricut Cart at 1 inch.  Glued the heart and word on the front of the pouch and there you have it.  A cute little pouch for your candy bar surprise.  Untie the ribbon, gently pull and out will come the candy bar.  Enjoy!

No comments: