Saturday, February 26, 2011

Baby Albums for Gifts

As a new mom, time just flies by.  24 hours passes and you wonder "What did I accomplish on this day?"...Diapers, feedings...feedings, diapers...wipe up spills, wipe a snotty nose or two and on and on and on.  Who has time to take pictures?  Or better yet, who has time to get that picture out of the camera, much less time to put in an album.  Those thoughts were my inspiration for an album I made recently for a new mother.  A page for each month of the year so she could quickly document the baby's growth month by month without a lot of hassle.  So, today, I wanted to share some pics of the album with you.

 Miss January (baby was born in Jan.), Feb.  Using Cricut cuts for letters and diecuts.
 March, April....for the March page I ran some fiber the length of the page and then tied snippets of ribbon and fiber around it to mimic a kite tail.
 May, June..loved that baby buggy from Cricut cart.  I used little tiny buttons for the middle of wheel spokes.
 July, August...gotta' love those sunglasses from Cricut
 September, October..I was trying to use things I already had in my stash and the puffy letters for Sept. is a mixture of upper and lower case.  I wasn't sure at first but I liked the way it looked when I finished it.
 November, December..pumpkin and rocking horse also from Cricut.
 After I did a page for each month, there were pages leftover in my album so i decided to just include a few fun things, such as "My Mommy" and "Daddy Duty" page.  The page corners were cut from a paper pack by Paper Studio called "Sweet Pea".  It's everything baby in that paper pack...love it!!
 A family page and a page to document new things baby is learning in the first year.
 A page for likes and dislikes and a page for that first tooth picture.
The last page is for listing story books baby enjoys.  I loved the diecuts from "Graphically Speaking" Cricut cart. 

I also stamped the back of the album with a new stamp I found from Stampablities at Hobby Lobby.  It says "Inspired by Life..Crafted by Hand".  In the middle of circle it says "One-of-a-kind-Art Created By" and then a line for your name.

Hope I've inspired you to do some more scrapping real soon.
(Sorry for the glare on some of the pictures.  I was in a hurry and didn't take them out of the page protectors.)

No comments: