Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

Some wonderful people in our lives will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary this week.  I've been working on a card for them and I think I'm happy with the results.  shhhhh......if you know these people, please don't tell them about this post..LOL  Can you imagine, 50 years?  What a wonderful accomplishment!  To take those vows to heart, "for better, for worse...in sickness and health".  How serious did you take those vows you made before God and your mate?  You hear everyday of someone that has gotten "side-tracked" in their marriage and it just makes me heartsick.  I want to scream "What about your vows? Weren't you serious when you made those?"   Can you imagine the ups and downs that a couple sees after being together for 50 years?  The good and the bad, the happy and the sad?  All those things put together is what makes us grow as a couple.  Those married 50 years have learned how to stick it out, work it out, not just throw up their hands and call it quits...that is just too easy these days.  So to all you out there who've made it that far, my hat's off to you!  Congratulations!!

Now for a peek at my card.....



I used some Paper Studio specialty paper in gold glitter for the heart, "50" and the trims.  I used Don Juan cart to cut the "50",  the scallop oval  is the From My Kitchen cart (shift/sheep), a Martha Stewart punch for the lacy trim and some glittery ribbon to add  bling, topping off the look.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card. How lovely to give something you made to a special couple. It's always fun to stop by, thanks.