Saturday, March 12, 2011

Cards, A Lost Art

Cards, letters, any type of written communication is becoming a lost art.  With email, facebook, etc., we find ourselves communicating more and more without using paper and pen.  That's one of the reasons I enjoy making my own greeting cards for friends and family for a variety of occasions.  I think there is something special about opening the mailbox once in awhile and still finding a note or card from someone.

With a recent death in the family, I found myself pondering what kind of sympathy card to make.  I found a link for a great little card that isn't hard to make and is so pretty.  I thought it fit the "sympathy" card theme well.

Here's what I came up with:

I used cardstock for the base of card and the strips for the lattice work.  Behind the lattice I added a piece of vellum.  I used Paper Studio flowers from Hobby Lobby with brads, pearls and gems for the flower centers.  I embellished the flower petals with Flower Soft on some of them and purple ink on others.  I attached some of the flowers with pop dots to add some dimension.  For the leaves I used a fern cut from the Stretch Your Imagination Cricut cart.  The sign post was cut from the Walk In My Garden Cricut cart, the stamped with sentiment.

Here is the link for more detailed instructions:
http://www.card-making-magic.com/makeatrelliscard.html


4 comments:

JenE said...

such a pretty card for a sad occasion. thanks for the link!

Unknown said...

I love the idea of a personal touch to a card, especialy for a condolence card. I love to read your posts and I would love to award you with the Stylish blogger Award. If you would like to accept just let me know. Thanks!

That Scrapping Spirit said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love all the purple and that trellis is so pretty! Another beautiful card!

Dawn said...

Beautiful!