Friday, December 17, 2010

Wish Lists, Gifts, New Beginnings

How is that gift wrapping going?  I am winding mine down, I think.  There always seems to be something at the last minute tucked in a closet that I forgot, but for the most part I'm almost finished..WooHoo!!  Remember when you were a kid and that mile-long wish list?  All you could think about was what you were going to get.  Even though mom taught the real meaning of Christmas, those pretty packages under the tree kept calling my name and at times that was the most important thing to me.  As an adult you begin to look at Christmas differently.  The most important gifts aren't those under the tree or those that can be purchased.  Family and friends, good relationships, those things are priceless and of course, most importantly,  the greatest gift of all, the Lord Jesus. 

I heard a song the other day (sung by John Tesh) that talked about the gift of today, that's God's gift to us.  Each day we have a chance to start again.  We can put past failures and disappointments behind us and move forward with a new day that God has once again granted us.  As we near year's end, looking forward to the new year, we all think of new beginnings and new goals.  Each day when we wake up we need to thank God for the gift of a new day.  What will you do with this gift?

No comments: