Thursday, December 2, 2010

Let's talk Books

Do you have a favorite holiday book?  I always try to start around November 1 reading books about Christmas.  What can I say?  I love Christmas.  I've read a lot of fiction books over the years but I think my all-time fav is a book entitled "Two From Galilee", a Love Story of Mary & Joseph, by Marjorie Holmes.  I would encourage you to check your public library, church library, and if all else fails purchase it.  You will enjoy it.  Have you ever thought of what Mary's family went through when they found out she was carrying a child?  What about Joseph?  About the town's people?  What did Mary go through when her friends, her siblings found out her news?  It is really fascinating but also very touching.  I hope you will have time to check it out.

Another one is "The Christmas Bus" by Melody Carson.  Such a warm story about several different people who are spending the holidays at a bed and breakfast "The Shepherd's Inn" (catchy, huh?)  The inn is full when a young couple arrives in their bus, they are broke and she is about to deliver their child.  You will laugh and cry as you read this wonderful story.  I certainly enjoyed it.

And last but certainly not least, Karen Kingsbury has a set of 3 Christmas stories sure to warm your heart.  I've read all three and would be hard pressed to name a favorite.  The series of 3 is called "The Red Glove Series".  The first book is called "Gideon's Gift", the second is "Maggie's Miracle" and the third is "Sarah's Song".  These books are very small, a quick read,  so they are perfect for this busy time of year.

Well, that's it for my book reviews.  LOL  These books are all available through Amazon if you don't have time to shop or go to the library.  (I've used Amazon for a few things this year & I'm totally impressed with their service)   I hope I have inspired you today to take time to relax and read a good seasonal book this year.  Taking some time for yourself will renew you for the rest of those holiday tasks on your "to do list".

No comments: