Friday, April 1, 2011

Yummo!!! Hungry??

When I find a good recipe, I don't know what comes over me but I feel the need to share.  I'm so excited when I find a simple yet very tasty dish.  Wednesday evenings are always a rush for us.  We attend services at our church that begin at 7:00 and hubby usually gets home around 6:00.  You can see the need for quick suppers on Wednesdays, right?  And what can be quicker than a crockpot supper. 

Slow Cooked Pulled Pork

 Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 boneless pork shoulder roast (3 1/2 to 4 pounds), netted or tied
  • 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed French Onion Soup
  • 1 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 cup cider vinegar
  • 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
  • 12 round sandwich rolls or hamburger rolls, split

Directions

  • Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until well browned on all sides.
  • Stir the soup, ketchup, vinegar and brown sugar in a 5-quart slow cooker. Add the pork and turn to coat.
  • Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours* or until the pork is fork-tender.
  • Remove the pork from the cooker to a cutting board and let stand for 10 minutes. Using 2 forks, shred the pork. Return the pork to the cooker.
  • Spoon the pork and sauce mixture on the rolls.
  • *Or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours. Yield: 12 servings.
  • My pork was so tender there was no need for shredding with the forks.  It simply shredded as I removed the ties.  I spooned the meat into a colander, then placed colander over my crockpot to drain a lot of the juice off and also to keep the meat warm.  This made some great sandwiches for a quick supper, serve with slaw, chips and you've got it...a great Wednesday night meal.  I hope you enjoy it.

No comments: