Well, I'm trying a new recipe today and thought I'd share it with you. It just seemed like a perfect day for a pot of simmering chili for supper and boy does it smell good. I'm sure my hubby will be excited when he comes home after being out in the cold.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (24 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Hunt’s® Original Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) Hunt’s® Tomato Sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup each chopped green pepper, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and thinly sliced green onions, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker.