Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Don't Stew About It......

just put it in the crock pot and forget about it.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love my crock pot.  Best little invention in the kitchen ever!!  I made an awesome stew yesterday for last night's supper.  It was so yummy and the hubster loved it.  I'm posting the link for the recipe but I will tell you I left out the step of the bacon.  I saw no need for that...now mind you, I love bacon but I didn't think it was necessary so I left it out.  Shhhhh...don't tell the hubby there should've been bacon in that stew he loved so much.  One more thing I did different, I drained and added a can of petite cut tomatoes instead of the fresh tomatoes called for.  Just easier and I figured the tomatoes this time of the year wouldn't be that great anyway.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Loaded-Vegetable-Beef-Stew?pmcode=IKCDV02T&_mid=493400&_rid=493400.288300.65425

Another tidbit...my crock pot wouldn't hold the last step of adding the cabbage so I transferred the stew at this point to a large pot on the stove for the final 30 min. or so.  I supposed if you don't like cabbage in your stew you could leave that out too.  We, however, love cooked cabbage so that step I wouldn't avoid.

I hope you'll give this a try.  We give it a definite 5 stars!!

No comments: